Saturday, November 25, 2006

An Addendum

Anne,

I neglected to address in my previous letter to you this notion of missing God. I want you to know that I am giving it my full consideration. It is doubtless a very important issue, which I will address in due time, although my current state is such that I find myself clueless as to what to say in response. I will, however, say this. I think that I started out missing God and never found it, at one point giving up the search. I'm afraid that this makes my sympathies rather bleak. Your examples are things that I do not associate with the divine as I conceive of it, and so it seems clear that I need to reconsider what it is that I do feel is responsible for those things in order to understand better what might be the differences between your conception of God and mine. I think that this is a very weighty issue and will have more to say after letting it stew for a bit.

Much love,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home